Thursday, August 28, 2008

Toronto, Canada Vegan Dining

Labor Day weekend 2007..I took a bus tour to Canada. I've always wanted to see Niagara Falls. The 4 day trip I found included not only stops to the Falls but also visits to Toronto and Thousand Islands.

Toronto, being a cosmopolitan city had several vegan restaurants. I was thrilled! Fortuneately the restaurant I chose in advance was not too far from where my tour bus stopped for a lunch break.

I ate dinner at Bo De Duyen, an Asian restaurant. For the soup, I tried bean curd with bamboo fungus. My side dish was congee, a spongy, soup-like vegan "seafood". It was soft and very chewable, a pleasure to the palate. I then had just a simple vegetable dish for the entree. It was tasty, not too sour or salty. I love Asian restaurants that have lots of flavorful herbal teas, bubble teas, and exotic juices on their menu. This restaurant did not disappointment in that area. Had I more time, I would tried other dishes that took longer to prepare. However, I enjoyed the food here. Another thumbs up!

This city has many vegan restaurants with amazing menu. If only more time! I highly recommend you check out HappyCow Toronto to find out about all of the wonderful dining options in this vegan-friendly city.

A tour of Toronto by bus is the best way to see this large city. History buffs would enjoy a visit to Casa Loma castle. It was built by Sir Henry Pellatt, a financier, military man, and founder of the Toronto Electric Light Company. The estate has has beautifully decorate rooms, secret passageways, tunnels, stables, gorgeous gardens, and towers. Also make a stop in Chinatown, Greektown, or one of many ethnic neighborhoods. The CN Tower is a definite "must visit" to get a view of the entire city from the observation deck. There is even a glass bottom floor which makes you feel as though you are walking on air!

A wonderful vegan dining experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment